Remove the XML Formatter from ASP.NET Web API



Remove the XML Formatter from ASP.NET Web API


ASP.NET Web API's default output format is supposed to be JSON, but when I access my Web APIs using the browser address bar I'm always seeing an XML result instead. When working on AJAX application I like to test many of my AJAX APIs with the browser while working on them. While I can't debug all requests this way, GET requests are easy to test in the browser especially if you have JSON viewing options set up in your various browsers. However I had a situation where I only wanted to return JSON output. Removing the XML formatter can easily be done through the Web API configuration inside your WebApiConfig.cs file: public static class WebApiConfig { public static void Register(HttpConfiguration config) { config.Formatters.Remove(config.Formatters.XmlFormatter); } } #Web #API #Restful #Service #RestAPI #core #API2

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post